RSA House is a charming Georgian Town House in the heart of Central London which has the perfect balance of traditional style with exciting modern twists. The house has unique and contrasting spaces from high ceilings, bright rooms and traditional art work to the immense brick exposed vaults which have…
Join us for a special evening with guest speaker Hugh Dennis.
When: Monday 29 April 18:30-22:00.
We're delighted to be back with another 'An evening with...' event. Come together for insightful perspectives, fascinating conversation and delicious food and drink in the inspiring setting of RSA House This event will feature our very special guest Hugh Dennis, comedian and presenter, in conversation with Andy Haldane, our CEO, alongside a specially curated three course meal.
This event will begin with fizz or soft drinks on arrival for all guests in our Benjamin Franklin Room, before moving to the historic Great Room for a special curated meal.
ABOUT HUGH DENNIS
Probably best known as the hapless, yet BAFTA nominated Dad in the multi award winning BBC sitcom Outnumbered, Hugh Dennis also stars in the long running BBC topical panel show Mock the Week, Phoebe Waller -Bridge’s breakthrough Comedy drama Fleabag, and Lee Mack’s Not Going Out, He began his performing career in 1983, as a member of the Cambridge Footlights, where he met his long-time writing and performing partner Steve Punt. Forming a double act they became regulars on the comedy circuit before moving to television in Carrott Confidential, and The Mary Whitehouse Experience before being given their own Imaginatively Titled Punt and Dennis Show on BBC 1
Hugh is also a regular voice on BBC’s radio network both writing and hosting Radio 4’s award winning comedy The Now Show, currently in its 64th series.
He has also driven on the World’s Most Dangerous Roads in both Peru and Ethiopia, tried to save the British pub with Oz Clarke in Oz and Hugh Drink to Britain, fronted a major BBC series about the geology of Britain, The Great British Countryside, filmed a BBC Documentary about the life of Ronnie Barker, popularised archaeology in Channel 4’s The Great British Dig and been killed very early on in the latest James Bond Film No Time to Die. He is soon to appear in the new C4 Drama The Couple Next Door
This year he and Steve Punt celebrate 40 years of working together.
TICKET INFORMATION AND POLICIES
Places are open to everybody, within and beyond our Fellowship Community. Numbers are limited and tickets must be booked in advance.
Tickets cost £100 each, or £90 per person for a table of ten. A percentage of the ticket price counts as a donation to the RSA, to support our work to unite people and ideas to create social change.
Tickets are refundable up to 30 days before the event. Tickets are non-transferable.
Please note, you will need to provide basic details, contact details and dietary requirements of those that you book tickets for.
If you have any questions, or need to inform us of access requirements or any reasonable adjustments you require, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a complimentary companion ticket for those who require an assistant to accompany them for accessibility reasons, this will be with basic refreshments offered. We offer 50% discounted tickets to companions should they themselves wish to participate in the full dining experience. We can offer a range of different options and with to the flexible according to the requirements and preferences of you and your companion, so please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your needs.
Taking part in RSA in-person events
To participate in this event, you will need to register for a ticket for capacity purposes. If you have any questions, or to let us know of any access requirements, or reasonable adjustments you require, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By registered for this event you consent to receive communications about this event. both before and after, and you agree to receive information on further events at RSA House. You also agree to sharing your name with Fellows and/or partner organisations hosting this event.
Please note, registrations will close 5pm on Monday 22 April.
|18:30 - 22:00
|Table of 10 (£90pp)
|18:30 - 22:00
8, John Adam Street, WC2N 6EZ
Covent Garden (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.